Monday, February 1, 2016

Melting middle Nutella Cookies

It's February, finally! The January blues were less intense this year because I feel good about 2016. However even a good January is a difficult month; Christmas is over but it is still cold, every form of media that just 2 weeks prior was telling me that I deserve a treat is now telling me that I am fat and worthless for eating treats and my only redemption is an extreme diet with the help of their weightloss program, or tablets, or juice; and finally this will start to ease up!



And so, in the spirit of this I have made you some delicious melting middle nutella cookies!!





These are just delicious, I realize that I make a few different cookies on the blog, like these, these or these but these have a melting center of nutella and they are pretty darn morish!! The actual cookies are based on the nutella cookies I made here but the gooey center makes all the difference. It's been cold here this week (on and off) so I will be honest with you. If it is cold you will need to microwave the cookies if they are room temperature in order to have a melting center. However even without the melting the nutella center is pretty scrumptious (can you tell I'm trying to find words other than delicious?!). Anyway on to the recipe...



Melting Middle Nutella Cookies
170g Butter
50g White Sugar
275g Muscovado Sugar
340g Bread Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk 
2 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp Amaretto 
100g chopped toasted hazelnuts
100g Dark chocolate chips
Frozen nutella



1. In a saucepan melt and cook your butter until it has browned

2. Meanwhile beat together the flour, salt and baking soda.

3. Pour the browned butter into a bowl and add the sugars, mix until fully incorporated

4. Add the eggs, milk and amaretto and beat again until fully combined.

5. Add the flour bit by bit and beat between additions. Mix to form a dark brown dough

6. Add the nuts and chocolate chips and mix once more to combine.

7. Now chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. When you take it out it should be quite dark.

8. Freeze the nutella in little blobs of about 1/2 tsp in size on a side plate




9. Once your nutella has frozen and the cookie dough has chilled take a scoop of the dough and mould it around a frozen piece of nutella.

10. Place your cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes

11. Remove from the oven and press down with the back of a spatula before they cool.





Then just try not to completely undo all your good work from January but even if you do....you will thank me ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Protein Cheesecake for every weeknight dessert

 I've been making this recipe for a while, think 3-4 years in various iterations and adapted it a number of times. This is my favourite,...