Monday, November 8, 2010

Cinnamon Bread Pudding

One of the best desserts my mother ever showed me was Bread and Butter Pudding. It was something that she made very rarely but she made very well. I have very fond memories of seeing her puddings in the oven, smelling the beautiful aroma and the excitement that accompanied that.
This week we did not touch our bread and this morning I realized that it was an eat now or dump situation. So I decided to whip out the old bread and butter pudding recipe, this time however with a change. It's November and the Christmas season is well and truly alive in the shops around me. This inspired me to use cinnamon butter instead of butter and raisins. It is of course possible to include raisins here and probably delicious.

Cinnamon Bread Pudding

1 Loaf Bread of choice, we had a seeded bread but white/light brown would work
1.5L milk
4eggs
100g butter
50g Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
Icing sugar to decorate

Lay your bread in a layer on the bottom of a roasting dish. Mix your room temperature butter, sugar and cinnamon to make a paste and spread this on the bread, then add another layer of bread, spread more paste and so on and so forth until the dish is full or your bread it gone.
Ina jug whisk your eggs and add milk. Pour this mixture over the bread and push the bread into the liquid until it is soaked. Store this in the fridge for 1 hour. Then bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown
Let this cool and then decorate with icing sugar.

Enjoy with ice-cream and a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protein Cheesecake for every weeknight dessert

 I've been making this recipe for a while, think 3-4 years in various iterations and adapted it a number of times. This is my favourite,...